Friday, February 11, 2011

Just When You Thought It Would Be Her Last....

So many reasons for my recent disruption in blogging.  There was a blizzard with five foot high snow drifts that buried my car..(NO JOKE), have had multiple doctor appointments for my knee, my knee has been bothering me quite a bit, and school has been keeping me quite busy as well.  Nonetheless, I've made some recent observations from planet mommy that I think you all should be aware of.

Boys...they really are born that way.  I swear.

So I didn't believe it myself but it's true.  They really are born all afterburner and no rudder.  Women have been under the guise for centuries that this is an acquired sense of haste and habit.  No no ladies.  This aspect of men is born ingrained.  Case in point...my son.  I was watching him crawl around on the floor the other day.  There were no toys out for him to play with but instead some random things that i had left out by accident (my poor babyproofing skills..I know.).  There was a balloon that he randomly went after....played with a while...looked up...then my laptop cord caught his eye..and he shimmied over to that...played with that for awhile...then went over to play with sock out of the laundry basket....played with that for awhile....and went to look for things under the couch.  It was this unrelenting sense of going from one thing on to the next that I began to understand....men really can't be monogomous!  They act the same way with women!!  They have a girlfriend...play with her for awhile..look up..find one they find more attractive...go after her for awhile..find another....etc....etc.  I can tell you this...after having a son...I will definitely be trying to change my husband a LOT less.  After going to dinner with my son the other night and having my arms become tired after having to thwart his continuous efforts to reach and touch everything near or around him on the table I am becoming to understand the male psyche a bit more indepth.  The same still remains true however..men always want what they can't have ;).

So my question is...if wondermoms do exist...have they ever met their match?  My Grandmother Pearl, for instance, raised five boys.  I'm sure, prior to them, she was a perfectly sane, neat, and intellectual woman.  I'm unsure that those five boys left the woman that way at the end of her life however ;).  I heard all sorts of stories about trips to the doctor's offices, neverending mending, fixing, and reprimanding...but I truly wonder...did she meet her match?  I often wonder if my son is the straw that will break this camel's back....let alone five carbon copy's of him??!  The thought makes me want to go lie down.

Where's the parental questionnaire?  You know...the one that allows you to check boxes 1-5.  1 meaning you highly disagree and 5 meaning you highly agree that your job as a parent is thankless and highly stressful.  Where's that question that asks how often on a daily basis you want to put your head back under the covers?  But then there are those days that have you crying tears of joy for how amazing your children are.  What type of schizophrenic bipolar freak animal experiment is this parenting thing anyhow??!

No comments:

Post a Comment