So is it true?? You know...the Wonder Mommy Myth. Do they exist? Do women who have children truly have it all together? Can women balance work, school, raising families, and manage the multitude of other things vying for their attention? I'm out to search for the answer and to truly provide answers to all these questions. Does society believe that Wonder Mom exists? Does media or social expectation play into the Wonder Mom phenomenon? That's right...I said "Wonder Mom Phenomenon." I coined the term folks; you heard it here first. ;) As women and mothers do we truly need another pressure or expectation to live up to as the Wonder Mom Phenomenon swirls across our t.v.'s, in our magazines, and through our in-laws. Let's examine these topics shall we??!
In the meantime, I'd love to hear your feedback. Are you a Wonder Mom? Is it a self proclaimed title? Do others view you as a Wonder Mom? Are you a psuedo Wonder Mom? Do you pretend to be one yourself but underneath it all, you're drowning on a daily basis? Let's hear it ladies!! I'd even appreciate a male perspective from this topic because perhaps this myth was perpetuated by men. We'll never know until we start digging..so let's get down to business! See you tomorrow in the blogosphere.... ~Morethanamommy
No comments:
Post a Comment